This post is for anyone who have friends/family who are trying to grow their family. Be wise and read and be informed... and then you just love them... don't ask questions... don't make assumptions... just love and pray.
To our family and friends (you know who you are) who have said nothing... who loved us and prayed with us... who knew that we too did not know the answers... we love you...well... and then some... do i even say more. it is sad how little integrity (is that the word?) some people have... so here you go... a few questions we got asked again and again..even to this day....wink-wink* - don't ask these questions to people who don't have kids... just plain ol' rude... :-)
1. when are you having kids?
2. how many kids do you want?
3. is there a problem?
4. who has the problem?
5. have you tried...
6. God has a plan
7. you should pray (believe me, we know)
8. you know, this one and this one did this and this...
9. i'm so sorry
10. i know how you feel (really?)
11. you should try...
12. why can't you get pregnant
13. have you heard this joke...(insert joke about someone who cannot get pregnant... )
14. that's such a shame. you will make great parents.
15. i know of so and so....
16. keep on trying... (really?)
17. i hope you don't mind me asking, but... (don't ask!)
18. why don't you just adopt? (yes, why don't you just adopt...so easy! :-)
19. don't worry, it will happen when you don't think about it.
20. you should drink less coffee.
yep people, drink less coffee :-) xx
PS: 21. 'come, come, pull yourself together, no-one died'. said to me after our first implant which failed by 'my best friend'. yep, not friends any more. (phew! i just pulled this one out of the archives of my memory banks...such a long time ago... )